Breeze Botanicals Organic Policy
We strongly feel that nature's medicine should be grown as it was intended - as naturally as possible.
"Organically Grown" refers to food grown and processed using no synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. Pesticides derived from natural sources (e.g. biological pesticides) may be used in producing organically grown food. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued standards for labeling organically-grown crops. It is the same definition for "Organically Grown" cannabis. However, since the Federal Government does not recognize cannabis, they do not put organic labels on any cannabis that farmers grow or people use. However, we will allow the word in our dispensary if the grower meets the following standards:
Organic Crop Production Standards According to the USDA:
- Land will have no prohibited substances applied to it for at least 3 years before the harvest of an organic crop
- The use of genetic engineering (GMO), ionizing radiation, and sewage sludge is prohibited.
- Soil fertility and crop nutrients will be managed through tillage and cultivation practices, crop rotations, and cover crops, supplemented with animal and crop waste materials and allowed synthetic materials.
- Preference will be given to the use of organic seeds and other planting stock, but a farmer may use non-organic seeds and planting stock under specified conditions.
- Crop pests, weeds, and diseases will be controlled primarily through management practices including physical, mechanical, and biological controls.
- When these practices are not sufficient, a biological, botanical, or synthetic substance approved for use on the National List may be used.